"I Am The West" - Win or Fail ?

Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 7:12 AM

Today is 28th September, the big day !
So what y'all think about the new Ice Cube gangsta shit? Is it good or weak? is it a WIN or a FAIL ?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hip-Hop is like wine, older is better!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: "I Am The West" - Win or Fail ?

Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 4:47 PM

CUBE still doing the shit. unstoppable..........
    THE WARFARE IS MENTAL........

2. Re: "I Am The West" - Win or Fail ?

Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 4:58 PM

Cuco1973 wrote:
    CUBE still doing the shit. unstoppable..........

DRINK THE KOOL AID!!

3. Re: "I Am The West" - Win or Fail ?

Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 9:02 PM

It's a win... I wish some songs were longer so that I'd kill more time listening to them..... Dope! F*ck the Haters! The "VS" bonus songs are dope too... Cube should have just left them on...

4. Re: "I Am The West" - Win or Fail ?

Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 10:40 PM

winner as ussual!

5. Re: "I Am The West" - Win or Fail ?

Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 11:45 PM

NOT A WIN for sure, but not a fail to.

average shit, 6/10. mix of dopeass tracks and weak skip shit.

raw footage > iam the west.
    SA all day

6. Re: "I Am The West" - Win or Fail ?

Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 8:16 AM

...i wonder why IC dosn' t mention in his new songs economical crisis and legalizing marijuana in state of California. to be honest i ve expected at least 1 song kinda like G Rap Made Me Do It with anti-political lyrics.

7. Re: "I Am The West" - Win or Fail ?

Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 8:57 PM

The Album Could've Been Better. "I Rep That West" Bangs Hard, "Life In California" Is Dope Too. My Fav Is "Hood Robbin", Cube Always Has That One Political Or "Real" Track That Makes You Think About The Important Things In Life. 7.5/10

8. Re: "I Am The West" - Win or Fail ?

Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 10:22 PM

LOVE AMERICA! wrote:
    ...i wonder why IC dosn' t mention in his new songs economical crisis and legalizing marijuana in state of California. to be honest i ve expected at least 1 song kinda like G Rap Made Me Do It with anti-political lyrics.

Hood Robbin'

9. Re: "I Am The West" - Win or Fail ?

Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 5:18 AM

I definitely think its a win, he killed it!
    mad beats, gets your head rocking fo sho.
    * Ice cube 4 lyf. *

10. Re: "I Am The West" - Win or Fail ?

Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 12:55 PM

I the album is a win. There are some tracks like fat cat, and urbinan that should not have made the album, they probably would have been dre tracks if he would have come through for cube. I don't think it is good to compare the classics to any of his new LP's because he is not the same person nor artist we should all appreciate that he is still doing music and support it.

11. Re: "I Am The West" - Win or Fail ?

Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 1:06 PM

This iz Too West Coast !

12. Re: "I Am The West" - Win or Fail ?

Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 1:49 PM

Its a WIN
    And my favourite song is yall know who i am

13. Re: "I Am The West" - Win or Fail ?

Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 12:56 AM

Fail my ass cube, you never fail!! the whole fuckin album from NWA to now to me are all platinum LP! cube, I couldnt even choose which is the best LP! I have em all CDs and Vinyl Records man you always keepin it gangsta shit, keepin it ol skool shit thats what I love about you cube!! ya always keep it real, none like em fake ass rapper like now! I Am The West are awesome tittle and its so you! its perfect love that tittle man, and can't wait for the tenth album comin out already I kno u already drop new lp but shit i'm got lotta love for you cube lol, dat for damn sure and btw hope you like my icon your pic on raiders logo lol.. i'm a fans of raiders too.

peace, much luv cube
    keep it gangsta!

14. Re: "I Am The West" - Win or Fail ?

Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 2:11 AM

In my opinion Ice Cube created another great album but it can't touch Raw Footage (nothing can really, he outdone himself on that one).

Reading around the internet, the general consensus is that Cube, lyrically, is raw as ever but the beats suck. I can kind of agree with that sentiment.

On the plus side, allmusic.com is a site i usually go to for reviews and they gave this one a 4/5!
    http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:jpfuxzqdld6e

Anyone got any word on an Australian release? Bought Raw Footage on ebay last time and was pretty sore when i saw that the Aussie release had the bonus tracks on it -_-
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know the side!

15. Re: "I Am The West" - Win or Fail ?

Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 6:06 AM

For the whole ambum, I'd say FAIL. Because some songs are too new school, and some are too SHORT! I didn't expect this from Cube. Cube normally has songs about 4 minutes long, but some songs at this album are only 2 minutes!!! But still, there are a couple of songs who are TOO WEST COAST!! (Money or your Life, Too West Coast, Rep That West, Life in Cali..)

16. Re:

Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 9:52 AM

in this album cube made the dopest songs in his carrer and the wackest songs in his career all togther dopest like drink the kool aid and hood robbing and too west coast, and the wackest like she couldn't make it on her own man fuck it!!!! cube it's a muthafuckin south style this song not west coast g shit!!! but even with that the album did win 8.5/10 and if he didn't drop those wack tracks the album would be best one in hip hop after the year 2000. coz she couldnt make it on her own fucked the album up!!!!!

NWA 4 LIFE

17. Re: "I Am The West" - Win or Fail ?

Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 12:50 PM

MC Ren the ruthlessvillain wrote:
    in this album cube made the dopest songs in his carrer

lol what? go listen to the classicks noob.
    SA all day

18. Re: "I Am The West" - Win or Fail ?

Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 2:52 PM

A WIN WITHOUGHT A DOUBT I HAVE ALREADY BOUGHT IT!!!

19. Re: "I Am The West" - Win or Fail ?

Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 10:19 AM

well more i listen to it the more i understand that this album is fail. not win 4 sure.
    SA all day

20. Re: "I Am The West" - Win or Fail ?

Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 12:53 PM

big win the sounds are perfect for 2010 and of course he split rhyme like never
    Once again DON MEGA DID IT

Newsletter Signup