Let's not Lose Ice Cube!!!

Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 4:49 PM

I can deal with the PG movies and maybe ice cube action figures later on...

but DAYUM!
how do you name an album "I am the WEST" when most of the tracks sound like Gucci mane's shit!!!
bubble gum, south beats.

Raw footage was fucken classic!
thats an album I can bump 'every' song.
and dont get me wrong:
a couple of songs on this new album are dope as fuck.
but I can't cruise around bumping
"won't you google me bitch....."
LOL SMH
thats a No-No.

alot of these west coast rappers are trying so hard to sound like southern rappers.
the game, Dr. dre, snoop dogg, and now ice Cube!
Please get back on this gangsta shit cube.
it may be 2010.
but that dont mean you gotta "rap like others, for money..to spend on them dubbs"

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Let's not Lose Ice Cube!!!

Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 6:37 PM

I'mma get me an Ice Cube action figure... lol For real... I would... ,get one at Target... lol

I don't know man... I agree with you but that's all the radio stations play out here in the west now... It's like a cancer... I don't even listen to rap music on the radio anymore... The radio stations out here turned the west into the south and now that's what a lot of youngsters like out here... I think Cube is putting "I Am The West" out as a "General" west coast album to appeal to those youngsters... Possibly, even as a way to pull those youngsters back into listening to true west coast music... We like the OG west coast sound but then again, some youngster may be saying, "Man, f*ck that old sh*t. I don't need to be hearing that washed up crap! The dude talks too much!" Hence, the dumbing down of society...So I guess, you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't....

MAV

2. Re: Let's not Lose Ice Cube!!!

Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 2:54 AM

i can deal with the different sounding beats, but his flow is changing, i know you guys can tell a difference. that chopy like thing he does with each line its not the same. and it says i rep dat west a few to many times
    Urbanian is just terrible, but i liked Y'all Know How I Am, please go back to the good shit, fuck the dumb motherfuckers who dont like real issues but only listen to bullshit lil wayne and t pain and the other techno rapers.
    if rap is changing im going to reggae

3. Re: Let's not Lose Ice Cube!!!

Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 12:28 PM

ive only listened to a few tracks on the album now
    and i can actually agree with you in some sense..
    but honestly im just waiting till the album drops (on my birthday yoo!!)
    and then this site will definitely hear from me
    ..but until then, and until i listen to the album fully, imma keep my mouth shut.
    i liked reading about your opinion though for sure!

4. Re: Let's not Lose Ice Cube!!!

Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 2:07 PM

Why Bitch. Cube doesn't have to put out any album at all.

Better to love what's there, than hate on what's missing.

Keep It Gangsta...

5. Re: Let's not Lose Ice Cube!!!

Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 3:05 PM

CAVEBITCH wrote:
    ive only listened to a few tracks on the album now
    and i can actually agree with you in some sense..
    but honestly im just waiting till the album drops (on my birthday yoo!!)
    and then this site will definitely hear from me
    ..but until then, and until i listen to the album fully, imma keep my mouth shut.
    i liked reading about your opinion though for sure!

Thanks!
    it's just my opinion tho..
    I'm not one of the dudes here talking shit and hating for no reason.
    I'm as honest as I can be..
    but I guess if Cubes doing it to get radio plays....then do your thang my Nukka.
    I wont hear it cause I dont listen to the radios either.
    radio stations are played out..and they think theyre a fuckin club.
    nobodys gonna put a radio in a party! thats what they got DJ's for!!!!

but at least, keep some gangsta hood shit in the album, for the REAL fans. Cube!!
    - thankss

6. Re: Let's not Lose Ice Cube!!!

Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 12:28 AM

im just saying i listened to some of his older shit and the flow is way beter and the beats were too, but im going to get the album to hear it thru.
    i will always suport cube even when im old and gray, and my generation of music goes to oldies

7. Re: Let's not Lose Ice Cube!!!

Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 7:20 AM

Cube sucks at picking beats for his albums... sad.
    SA all day

8. Re: Let's not Lose Ice Cube!!!

Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 7:23 AM

CUBE NEEDS TEAM UP WITH DJ MUGGS FOR MUGGS VS ICE CUBE RECORD!!!

Muggs would do fuckin bangers, 100% certified hard hip-hop shit... just listen to new Muggs vs Ill Bill album shit is str8 FIRE! fuckin album of the year! lyricaly and musicaly shit is pure gold.

now imagine Muggs on beats and Cube on mic, like 12-14 tracks... that would be best album from Cube since lethal inhection... one beatmaker one mc and few guests...

would be classick...
    SA all day

9. Re: Let's not Lose Ice Cube!!!

Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 11:19 AM

to me i think it sounds good so far but no one has heard the whole cd yet just little samples of each one. so no one should complain just yet cuz we havent heard the whole cd but this is just my opinion.. i dont care what cube puts out cuz it always sounds amazing and im behind him 100% wit his music :D
    *IceCube4Ever*

10. Re: Let's not Lose Ice Cube!!!

Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 12:04 PM

Cube man.. This aint good.
    When i heard of the release date i thought - Damn that was fast, maybe too fast.
    Now i can say it for sure it was released too fast. I respect the man for showing love to his family since this is the first time but still what about the hood?
    Unfortunately he rep'ed the west wrong this time. I do agree with a couple of the tracks are dope as fuck though. I still got faith in Cube cuz he still got all the other albums right!

11. Re: Let's not Lose Ice Cube!!!

Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 6:17 PM

Why not wait till the cd comes out to make judgements? yes some beats aren't the best but I"ve always listened to Cube because of the real life shit he raps about and always has. I still love the old gangster shit ( no one does it better), but you got to grow mentally.
    THE WARFARE IS MENTAL........

12. Re: Let's not Lose Ice Cube!!!

Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 6:42 PM

first of all... iam not hating but that "SMH" word is getting on my fucking nerves... second of all you sound like your describing some1 who sold out, you think ice cube sold out?, he dosnt even need to make music, he does it for the fans and cuz he likes it, this guy can just quit rap and act or produce in movies, but he won't, cuz he thinks and even said he wont quit rap until the newer generation is better than him, seriosly... most of his songs on that album are either west coast or political, maybe a few songs that arent that good, and yea the google me bitch hook isnt that good but the lyrics are still good.....and how the fuck does he sound like gucci mane when gucci just rhymes with the same word all the time, seriosly stop comapring him to anybody from the south and maybe you meant the beat sounds like gucci mane, bro... what happened to beats are aight but lyrics really matter. I think most of his songs are west coast and political shyt, but yea seriosly, no comment... lolll....

"bubble gum, south beats"............. LOL do you hear your self?

13. Re: Let's not Lose Ice Cube!!!

Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 2:01 AM

hey i no what, cube should do some shit with scarface, agin because they are both bomb ass rappers with simalar gangster political raps, scarface being the only good rapper in south besides like SPM

i wonder wat cube thinks bout nelly lol

14. Re: Let's not Lose Ice Cube!!!

Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 9:58 AM

IceCube has been In the rap game for 22 years 22 YEARS!!!!!!!! he is older now and he has changed a little with time but he is still ICECUBE!!! for him to still be doing It is incredible and the way some of yall respect that is by saying some of his new songs on that album are bad because they sound like some Gucci man down South shit!!!! for anyone that knows the history of N.W.A and IceCube would know that their music was always Bass heavy every last one of Cubes albums always had beats on them that today you might consider South beats. When Cube left N.W.A he went to the BOMB SQUAD to do his first solo album the BOMB SQUAD was a NewYork based beatmaker for Public Enemy that used the same formula for Cube that it used for Public Enemy no one complained and Cube made a great album its should not be about West Coast beats or DownSouth beats he should only be about the man on the mic,..thats how it used to be Cube is a legend he can rap over any beat and make it work ..remember Jackin 4 Beats? Today was a Good day those beats was not oringinated iN L.A but those are some of IceCube best Classic songs Cube is an international Star he always has been ,..he love L.A with a passion and he has made that clear from the very begining but Cube has fans that love him because of his mic skill and his love for the rap game not because he is just from L.A dont make him into a back yard rapper from the hood the man has always made music for true IceCube fans everywhere.

15. Re: Let's not Lose Ice Cube!!!

Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 10:12 AM

In my opinion I think Cubes album is going to be one of the best albums of the year people wont respect it like that but from what i heard It should be right up there.

16. Re: Let's not Lose Ice Cube!!!

Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 1:04 PM

it ain't nothin wrong with south beats , if gucci mane spits on a DRE BEAT doesn't mean it will be a classic , rapping hot lyrics over a south beat it's nothin wrong , and about the "won't you google me bitch" , ice cube is a legend , he has done everything you can do in the biz , he can do this kind of songs , and still he would spit some hot lyrics , and yeah that's god damn right people who listen to garbage music should google cube ! cube said it himself this is a good summer album (not so much summer but anyway) , personally i can't wait for this album!

17. Re: Let's not Lose Ice Cube!!!

Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 1:39 PM

I think Ice Cube has done his job for the rap game and he can do whatever the fuck he wanna do...he's already a classic and no one can change that!
    In an interview he quoted Jay-Z with the statement "niggaz want my old shit, buy my old albums" and that's a fact!...u can't expect from a person who's in the game since '86 to do the same type of songs for 24 years, WAKE UP!!!
    Like any Ice Cube album, this one contains some classics too like "Hood Robbin" (real street shit), "No Country For Young Men" (lettin the cats know he's still doin' his thing), "Too West Coast" (2010 gangsta shit), "Nothing Like LA" (u can hear the sound of the G-funk in that one)

In conclusion no one gotta hate on Cube cuz he's 41 and still rappin'!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hip-Hop is like wine, older is better!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

18. Re: Let's not Lose Ice Cube!!!

Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 2:34 PM

Cuco1973 wrote:
    Why not wait till the cd comes out to make judgements? yes some beats aren't the best but I"ve always listened to Cube because of the real life shit he raps about and always has. I still love the old gangster shit ( no one does it better), but you got to grow mentally.
    THE WARFARE IS MENTAL........

Exactly
    *IceCube4Ever*

19. Re: Let's not Lose Ice Cube!!!

Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 12:57 AM

I WANA BUY THIS SHIT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Re: Let's not Lose Ice Cube!!!

Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 5:28 AM

Ice cube is going down. He's been hit by greed! Like he siad: Rapper life - greedy as fuck...

Newsletter Signup