Ice Cube ft. Doughboy & OMG - She Couldn't Make It On Her Own

Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 11:04 AM

http://mixmatters.com/hot/2010/Ice_Cube_feat_Doughboy_and_OMG-She_Couldnt_Make_It_On_Her_Own.html

Here it is.

I'm not feelin' this track and it's not West Coast type of chit. Damn... Cube drop another bomb wit E-A-Ski like "Earthquake" or somethin epic wit DJ Quik. Bring back tha real WEST, not that dirty south crap shiit.

Peace!

G-Funk/ West Coast producer

www.youtube.com/rtnproductionz
www.myspace.com/rtnproductionz

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Ice Cube ft. Doughboy & OMG - She Couldn't Make It On Her Own

Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 2:26 PM

Good Shit man.

2. Re: Ice Cube ft. Doughboy & OMG - She Couldn't Make It On Her Own

Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 10:37 AM

LOVE AMERICA! wrote:
    MC Ren the ruthlessvillain wrote:
    this song really sucks!! it doesn't sound like southern instrumental it's a southern instrumental!! it's not a west coast style and it's not ice cube kind of shit, where is that hardcore gangsta shit??! where is that sick instrumental??!!! i'm really feeling that cube is really turning soft and all he wants now is the money,he don't give a fuck about the music anymore!!

NWA 4 LIFE

You goddamn right man. Cube wants only CASH! He gives a fuck only about merchstore and shit like that...He wants 10 bugs for stupid poster. Niggas in da ghetto dont have 10 bugs... first they have to rob somebody to earn 10 bugs.. DAMN!! it 's sick just like my grandma!

I don't think he needs anymore money, it's just that he's evolving as a rapper to keep up with the times. He posted a video before saying he chose this beat because it sounded young and he wanted to put his sons on it. Still, i wish Cube would make something in the vein of his earlier work just to show the haters that he's still the shit. The music he makes now keeps us existing fans sated but won't win him any new fans.
    [Edit] A remix of this track with a new beat as an "I Am the West" bonus track would be great
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know the side!

Newsletter Signup